Working as part of a small engineering team, across two shifts, you will be responsible for providing technical support and training to the CNC operations of the business.
Duties will include section wide consumable / tooling monitoring and management, preparation of usage reports, identification of process improvements and introduction of new parts and processes.
You should be familiar with working within an industrial manufacturing environment, and be prepared to work overtime and weekends when required.
Knowledge of CNC machines – both operation and programming, tooling selection and management, knowledge of CAD/CAM and experience using overhead cranes, would be beneficial within this role.
- Use appropriate safety equipment and techniques to adhere to company procedures and promote safe working practice to others
- Assist with new part introduction and development, including the supervision or manufacture of any tools / Jigs required, production of standard operation procedures and programming / setup of machining processes
- Carry out first off checks and roaming checks as required, provide coordination between the quality, engineering and production departments to ensure achievement of quality KPI’s
- Ensure that team members follow defined standard operations and comply with quality requirements, assisting with shop floor induction and process training
- Monitor and manage the tooling usage within the section. Identifying trends in both usage and damage
- Conduct daily shift handovers with engineering, production and management teams
- Mentor and develop department trainees/apprentices
- Provide production support across the secondary section as and when required
- Apprentice Trained
- City and Guilds or Equivalent Level 3 qualification
- HNC (preferred but not essential)
- Pro-active attitude
- CAD experience
- Overhead crane experience