Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Working as part of a small maintenance team, across two shifts, you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the plant, and machinery onsite.
Duties will include preventative maintenance, attending breakdowns and service and repair work.
You should be familiar with working within an industrial manufacturing environment, and be prepared to work overtime and occasional weekends when required.
Knowledge of overhead cranes, Shot blasts, CNC and Plasma machines would be beneficial within this role.
- Use appropriate safety equipment and techniques to adhere to company procedures regarding Lock Off, and safe working
- Recommend safety improvements to the electrical systems onsite
- Work alongside external contractors during the completion of fixed wire inspections, and complete any remedial works identified
- Inspect, repair, install and remove all types of motors, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, and work with electrical systems up to 480 volts
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on all electrical equipment across the site
- Carry out emergency lighting testing and improvements
- Complete PAT testing across the site
- Carry out control panel maintenance and improvements
- Assist with the safe decommissioning of old plant/equipment and the safe installation/commissioning of new
- Pro-active in approach to duties
- Apprentice Trained (preferred but not essential)
- Electrically Qualified – City and Guilds or Equivalent Level 3
- Hold the electrical testing qualification or show a good working knowledge of the required testing procedures
- 18th Edition
- PAT testing
- MEWP licence (preferred but will be provided)